Sunday, March 15, 2009

Silence

I really think that open houses are a waste of time. A large crowd and a whole host of things that I'm not really interested in. All this, is strictly in my opinion though. Please don't feel offended if you're a fan of open houses.

Alright, so it's the end of yet another day. I really have so much free time. No exams, no studies, no work, no army training(at least for now). Am I the envy of many? Haha. Yet, I do struggle with a certain problem that many people do face. I try my best to slot in things everyday in my schedule, so that I won't be idle and do nothing at all the whole day. And my day really becomes more meaningful, but definitely tiring and busy. It's really true for many of us that having a busy and hectic day is perfectly normal, to say the very least. Different people carry different burdens, problems and of course joy, but I think that at the end of a busy and hectic day, an important question to ask myself is "Have I lived this day with God today?"

That was a probing question that I asked myself as I was on my way home. Sometimes, it's really hard to face up to the fact that even as I schedule my day to be filled with meaningful things, God is not totally in the picture at times. God's voice is not really heard at times. Yet, God speaks all the time. It's really about how much I desire and yearn to hear from him.

Just as how Mary sat at Jesus's feet and listened, I need to slow down, stop and listen to God's voice.

I pray for my spiritual eyes and ears to be opened. To see and hear your spiritual truths as I live each day of my life. I pray for a heart of humility to receive what you have planned for my life. All in all, I pray for greater obedience that even as I listen, I need to obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment