Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Friday the 13th

Almost every single person of age, is talking about it. A LEVEL results are coming back this Friday. Okay, it's not the 13th, it's the 6th. But anyway, I decided to blog about it as well. If I say I'm not nervous, I would be lying. But then again, I'm not that scared as the day looms nearer; a day closer to the so called disaster day. Somehow I find it exciting (I'm not crazy -.- lol)

It's perhaps really true that the biggest obstacle or challenge that we have to overcome, is not the fear of what we will be receiving on Friday. Am I going to do well? Am I going to screw up? Am I going to meet my own expectations? Or am I going to be able to enter university? All this questions will definitely be running through every single one of our heads as we approach 230pm. The biggest challenge or obstacle that we have to overcome, in my opinion, it is how are we going to respond after we receive our results. Many a time, this is the ultimate trap that we always fall into. If I screw up, will I blame it on God? Will I use it as an excuse to have self pity on myself and soon after leave God? On the contrary, if I do well, will I really attribute this victory to God or to myself? Will I because of this, come to the conclusion that I don't need God and there are so much more great and enjoyable things for me to do out there, and in the process forget about God?

This is the greatest challenge. It's how we respond after we have received our results and comprehended where our future lies from that moment on. Who wouldn't want to have good results? I would love to. But I know that not everyone achieves fantastic results.

So today, I pray that even as the day draws closer, I pray for an increase in faith even before I receive my results. Faith in you and not in myself. If somehow, I have a inkling that I'll really screw up, I want to change this mindset. Your power and grace shall not be underestimated. My faith is in your grace and power. On the other hand, there's always an inkling that you may not do badly as well. Self confidence is great, but without humility to go along with it, it becomes self exaltation. And I know how detrimental it can be. I pray for greater humility to go along with this greater faith that i ask.

I'm a bit greedy for prayer needs. Haha. I pray that after I receive my results, I pray for peace and assurance. That all in all, your name will still be lifted high above all things. I may not be able to comprehend at that very instance what you're doing, but I will trust in you, for you hold my hopes, my dreams and my plans.


Exodus 14:13-14
Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."

2 comments:

  1. "This is the greatest challenge. It's how we respond after we have received our results and comprehended where our future lies from that moment on." - I TOTALLY AGREE!!! XD

    God will bless us in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To have faith is to just simply trust in God's perfect plan (:

    Somehow I have the faith that we will all emerge stronger tomorrow after receiving our results ^^

    ReplyDelete