Monday, March 9, 2009

Practical Surrender

During Saturday's service, i happened to take a glance (i wasn't peeping lol) at the large screen during altar call and i was amazed by what i saw. Just as how the song went, "so I'll stand with arms high and hearts abandoned, in awe of the one who gave it all", hands were raised in worship to God throughout the auditorium. Wow, is the word to describe the scene.

I think it's really great to see people raising their hands in total surrender to God during worship. But then again, at that very instance, I asked myself this question, "Does one's surrender stop merely at the act of raising hands during worship?"

Obviously not. I think the act of raising one's hands is really great, but if we stop there then I'm afraid that this act of surrender will amount to nothing. My decision to surrender my life to God has to always be backed up with actions. Do I still refuse to change when God uses people to speak into my life, into areas that I need to change? Do I still restrict entry to God in certain areas of my life? Do I surrender this areas to God only during the time of worship? I'm a imperfect person but yes, I want to make every effort to surrender every area of my life to God. It may not always be comfortable, enjoyable or even logical in my perspective but I know it's essential.

I raise my hands not during the chorus and bridge of a song when the atmosphere is emotional, or when everybody is doing so. I lift my hands in surrender because I realize that I need to reach out to you even before you touch my heart during worship. I need you God, you don't need me. So I'll cherish this second chance that is given.

No comments:

Post a Comment