Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Long Ride Home

There's seriously something wrong with SMRT's service line. It took me more than an hour to get from pasir ris mrt to redhill mrt. On a good day, i can travel from redhill to pasir ris and then back again in one hour.Yes, that's exactly how bad it was, The train seemed to stop at every station for what seemed to be eternity.

I suppose things happen for a reason. In the midst of my impatience, as the train screeched to a halt almost every 30 seconds, I began to reflect on certain things that have been happening in my life this few days.

I think it's really common for someone to evaluate your own personal self and to list out your own strengths and weaknesses. So, I was on the train thinking about my various strengths and weaknesses that I have and I felt to say the very least, extremely inadequate. How can I possibly overcome certain areas in my life? Am I the right man for the job? Am i... Endless questions. Once again, God had an answer to my doubts again. I need to focus on God. The focus must never be on myself, or circumstances or even people. This things' fall victim to the world's current culture; they change all the time. But God doesn't. It seems that one of God's trademark moves isn't to use great, powerful and wise people to do his work(Of course, being great, wise and powerful is really great), God loves to use weak people. The weaker you think you are, the more God can use you. If I lack love, God will give me a double portion of his compassion. If I lack faith, I need to focus more on God. If I lack humility, I need to once again stand in awe of God's amazing grace and mercy.

I may not have much, but take this five loaves and two fish that I have, and use it for your glory.

1 Corinthians 1:26-29
Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are,

No comments:

Post a Comment