Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sunday Morning Rain Is Falling

An analogy that struck me really hard from last Sunday's ministry care group or you would put it, life group.

"Suppose you just bought a new computer game. Let's say War Craft III, and you rush home to install it. With a desperate eagerness to play, you grumble as you run through the installation programme. We are all familiar with the page that says terms and conditions. Without even looking through it, we scroll down to the bottom of the page and we check the box that says "I ACCEPT" and then we proceed with the installation and then finally the game itself.

When one makes the decision to buy the game, we are eager to play it. Do we actually take the time to read through the terms and conditions? More often than once, we think to ourselves, that "Hey, I bought this game so that I could play with it, not to read the terms and conditions man!" In our perspective, payment allows us to disregard the terms and conditions; that we paid to play and not to read the terms and conditions."

"Hey God, I promise that I'll be more disciplined in doing my quiet time... But maybe I'll start another day."

"I really want to grow in outreach to invest in lives, to influence my camp and to eventually impact the world... I am so inadequate, God I think you should use someone else."

One can come up with numerous terms and conditions that are attached to our response. The fact is that if we can disregard the terms and conditions of something simply because we paid for it, then I suppose Jesus can rightfully disregard the terms and conditions that we often have attached to our responses.

After all, Jesus paid the price in full.

God isn't looking for more promise makers, He's looking for people that are willing to go all out to fulfill the yet to be fulfilled promises.

1 comment:

  1. OH WOW powerful analogy (: Mind if I share it during my lifegroup? ^^

    ReplyDelete