Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Greatest Of All Is...

Love isn't a feeling alone. It's a decision, a commitment. The ability to follow through on the decision to love when things or circumstances vary.

Much can be said about love, I've experienced it first hand as I set myself to grow in love over the past few weeks. What happens when one opens up to another and does not the get desired response? The answer is to continue loving. What happens when one prays continuously for a person but yet sees no fruits in his attempts to draw him closer to God? The answer is still to continue loving. What happens when one finds it impossible to love a person any longer? Ironically, the answer is again to continuing loving.

I was reminded that love comes hand in hand with perseverance.

I was glad I made the decision to grow in love, I have so much more to grow. Till the day, Christ brings his work to completion in me, I will seek and desire to love more.

1Corinthians13:1-3
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment